Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Basket

Here we are in the last week of cooking up Nigella Lawson's recipes. Gosh, six months went fast! We had great fun exploring her books and online recipes, and discovering our own inner Domestic Goddesses. For the very last Nigella theme we have Easter Basket.

Easter time means many things to many people around the world, commonly it is seen as a new beginning. End of winter, awakening of the land. And bunnies, lots of bunnies.
What will grace your Easter table? Your Easter basket? A time of giving and sharing, find one of Nigella's recipes online or in one of her books and whip up a dish or goodie that represents the theme to you.
Post it to your blog by Sunday, April 4th and link up with Mr. Linky, below.


'Twas Easter-Sunday. The full-blossomed trees Filled all the air with fragrance and with joy.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Have you had a chance to check out the delicious Potluck dishes yet?

Link your I Heart Cooking Clubs post of the week's permalink with Mr. Linky, below, so we can all see your fabulous Easter Basket creation! Please leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.

As you can see, we have a new cook for April! By popular vote, Mark Bittman will be our foodie focus for the next six months. Stay tuned for a Bittman IHCC overhaul!

Also, a big welcome and thank you to Kim of Stirring the Pot who will be joining Deb, Heather and I as administrators of I Heart Cooking Clubs!

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Easter Basket* Participants
1. Tina Marie (Rib Sticking Strir Fry and Minestrone)
2. Kim-Chocolate Fudge
3. DebinHawaii-Crab & Avocado Salad w/ Japanese Dressing
4. Natashya - Hokey Pokey!
5. Couscous & Consciousness

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

12 comments:

Joanna said...

Woohoo for Mark Bittman! I was biting my nails over it :)

Tina said...

Just posted Nigella's Minestrone and Stir Fry. Welcome to the most awesome Kim!!! Woo-hoo!

Kim said...

Just posted Nigella's chocolate fudge! Heading to the gym later to work it off;D

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mmm...Fudge! ;-) I just posted my Easter lunch/brunch selection that's light enough so I can have two pieces of Kim's fudge: Crab & Avocado Salad w/ Japanese Dressing.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I am happy we will be doing Bittman's recipes. He has become a go to guy, for me. He is practical and easy and the results look much more polished than the work, going into it.

I am thrilled about Kim. You are two lucky ladies to get someone of her caliber. She will be a great addition to the fabulous team, the two of you already make.


Three cheers for three fantastic bloggers.

NKP said...

I can see my whole dinner here - Tina Marie has some delicious soup And a stir-fry. Deb, my go-to healthy-eating guru has a delicious crab and avocado salad, and then the cutest little individual chocolate fudge treats with bunnies over at Kim's.
Great choices, guys! Delicious.

NKP said...

Joanna - so glad you are pleased with the results!

Kim said...

Chaya - Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm very happy to hear that you love Mark Bittman's recipes and look forward to seeing which ones you cook up:D

NKP said...

I got the Hokey Pokey - 'cause that's what it's all about!

Happy Easter weekend!

NKP said...

Chaya - great that you are pleased with Bittman! He has a very diverse repertoire.
Heather has been with us in the background - with decision making and such, and will be playing along again soon.

Kim said...

Love the hokey pokey Natashya! I'd love to try it and see what it's all about:D

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Tragic that I didn't join in till the last week of Nigella, but I'm sooo looking forward to Bitty. In the meantime I've posted Nigella's Chocolate Caramel Crispy Cakes. Hope you're all having a lovely Easter.
Sue