Monday, September 27, 2010

Farewell Food


Let's raise our glasses one last time to six fabulous months with Mark Bittman!! We'd like to send a Big Thank You to everyone who has participated and cooked right along with us for the past six months. Together, as a group, we have created more than 350 of Mark Bittman's recipes and we're not finished yet! Please join us in our final week with Mark Bittman as we create FAREWELL FOOD.

What is FAREWELL FOOD? Anything is fair game at a farewell party, but you can always count on lots of cocktails! To go along with those cocktails, maybe some quick bites, finger foods, dips or crudites are in order.

Then again, it's never a bad idea to bid farewell with a sweet treat. Cupcakes, brownies, cookies, pies and cobblers are always sure to put a smile on anybody's face.

Farewell Food can be anything your heart desires. Maybe there is that one looming Bittman recipe that you always wanted to make and just never got around to. There's no better time than the present!

Perhaps you might even like to pay tribute to Bittman by choosing your favorite Bittman recipe(s) and recap them all on one fabulous blog post!

This week, anything goes for FAREWELL FOOD and we can't wait to see how you chose to say FAREWELL! Just post your recipe on or before October 3rd and don't forget to link up your post with Mr. Linky below. Remember to leave a comment when you link up, so we don't miss seeing your FAREWELL creation.

New to IHCC and not sure about how the whole deal works? Just check out the Welcome post for all of the info.

If you didn't get a chance to check out everyone's fabulous Potluck creation, no one will blame you for sneaking a peek back HERE to check it out!

Also, stay tuned because next week we are welcoming a new chef in the IHCC kitchen: Giada De Laurentiis!! The IHCC site will be getting a fabulous new look to go with our new chef.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated in our six months with Bittman! It was great cooking along with you! Let's go out with a bang this week :-)
I Heart Cooking Clubs *Farewell Food* Participants
1. Leana - Mint Brownies
2. Alex@amoderatelife-Crispy Panfried Potatoes
3. Olive Oil cookies w/ Red Wine & Rosemary @girlichef
4. Pam - Apple Crisp
5. Natashya - Fairwell Manhattan
6. Joanna@Go Ahead & Snicker
7. Yvette- Strawberry-Rhubarb pies with Streusel topping
8. Andreas - Mushroom Pasta Risotto
9. natalia
10. Kim- Apple Cider and White Wine Slushy
11. Deb In Hawaii--Roasted Corn Soup
12. SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl - Scallops with Basil Stuffing
13. Tiff- Pasta with Corn, Zucchini, and Tomatoes
14. Couscous & Consciousness - Homemade Ricotta
15. Chaya - Lemon Chicken Soup

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

21 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great post Kim! 350 dishes--Wow! We cooked a big bunch of Bittman didn't we?!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's last IHCC Bittman dishes. ;-)

NKP said...

Wow, 350 Bittman dishes! It has been a great 6 months of getting to know him better. I will miss Bitty. We are finally getting Spain, On the Road Again here! First time I have actually seen him on TV.

Heather S-G said...

Oh Bitty, I'll miss you =( I love that pic of him in the road with the armful of food...looking forlorn, wondering who will cook up his dishes now that we've finished our 6 months... LOL! I know I'm not gonna abandon him ;) Great post, Kim!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Hi Kim, I did not participate in the last cookbook challenge due to too many obligations, but will be cooking right alongside everyone with Giada as the chef of choice. Can't wait to get started again!

debbie T said...

I didn't participate as much as I wanted, but I enjoyed viewing the wonderful creations that you guys were making.

And you all made me realize how wonderful Mark Bittman really is. I learned a whole heck of a lot too!

debbie T said...

I didn't participate as much as I wanted, but I enjoyed viewing the wonderful creations that you guys were making.

And you all made me realize how wonderful Mark Bittman really is. I learned a whole heck of a lot too!

a moderate life said...

Wow, I am certainly sad to see Bittman go, but it was such fun to share the cooking with you all. I do look forward to trying someone new in Giada, but if you are still interested in Bittman, I will be doing a monthly link up on my Tackling Bittman post at a moderate life starting the week of november 1st. I would love it if you would stop on by! My recipe this week is for Crispy Panfried Potatoes, the perfect accompaniment for the morning after breakfast before you kick em out the door! ;) Thanks for the wonderful fun of this site! you all wicked rock and it would be great to have a big old party with you all! Alex

Heather S-G said...

I've got some cookies to wish Bitty bye-bye... =(

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Well, I will certainly carry on cooking with Bitty even though we've finished here. Looking forward to Giada though - I've used lots of her recipes in the past that I've sourced from the net, and all have turned out great. I thought this might be the time though to invest in a book - any of you out there who already have one, what do you recommend? What is your favourite Giada book?
Sue

Kim said...

Sue- I like all of Giada's books, but I think Giada's Kitchen is my favorite.

NKP said...

Goodbye Bitty! I have drinks over at my place. Cheers to a wonderful six months.

Joanna said...

All linked up! Even if my puree looks kind of like cat food :) It was amazing. Just like these 6 months cooking with Bitty! I swear, I have so many new go to recipes!

Andreas said...

Just posted a mushroom pasta risotto.

Um..., are you serious about that new colour scheme?

;)

NKP said...

Andreas - too girly? I was going for feminine with the lady chef. ;-)

Andreas said...

Maybe it's not too girly, but the colours are a bit loud. E.g. the pink/rose below the header picture.

Dunno, maybe just leave it like it is and I will get used to it. :)

NKP said...

No problem! Still a work in progress. I toned it down to purple - what do you think? Better?

Andreas said...

Yeah, thanks. :)

natalia said...

Ciao a tutti !I loved getting to know Mark Bittman and now I'll move on to Giada with you ! I made a pudding and loved it !

Kim said...

Thanks to Bittman for a great six months! I've just posted my Apple Cider & White Wine Slushy, plus a few of my absolutely favorite Bittman recipes.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this six months with Bittman so wonderful :)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Just posted a little comfort food--Roasted Corn Soup--made local to say good-bye to Bittman. ;-)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Well, I'm a bit late posting my farewell to Bittman, but hope you'll all forgive me. Now I better get back to the kitchen and start tackling Giada.
Sue :-)