Monday, October 3, 2011

October Potluck with Tessa Kiros!

We are overwhelmed with joy at how excited people are to cook from Tessa's recipes this term at IHCC! 

Some people are still waiting on their books, so we felt it would be perfect to schedule a potluck at the beginning. You choose the dish that tempts you, from one of her gorgeous books or from the few recipes that are available online, whip it up - making any changes that suit you - and share your delicious results with us!

Tessa Kiros is a world traveller and, more importantly, a worldly cook. So throw open your boundaries and try something new this week. It's time for potluck! 

While you are deciding what to cook, have you checked out the delicious Welcome dishes from last week?

Whip up your potluck dish and post on or by Sunday, October 9th. Link up with Mr. Linky, below, so we can all check out your beautiful dish!

Tessa Kiros recipes only please. New to IHCC or not familiar with Mr. Linky? Check out our Welcome page for more details.
I Heart Cooking Clubs *October Potluck with Tessa Kiros* Participants
1. Michelle ~ chickpea balls w/ yogurt on the side
2. Mika-Fun Dough
3. Deb in Hawaii--Risotto w/ Fried Egg
4. Tina Marie - Fasolada (white bean soup)
5. Heather ~ Pineapple, Cinnamon & Allspice Cake
6. Kayte - Baked Fennel
7. Meredith-Chicken with Cilantro and Spinach Rice
8. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Tomato Lasagna
9. Natashya - Focaccia con Cipolle
10. Donna- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
11. Kim - Greek Yogurt with Sweetened Condensed Milk and Oranges
12. Couscous & Consciousness - Cranberry Sorbet

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

22 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great post Natashya. I love the new potluck picture.

Also loving the new Tessa button Heather.

We look so coordinated! ;-)

Heather S-G said...

I know, we're gonna put that awesome window to good use for the next six months ;) . I agree about everybody's welcome dishes looking so good...I'm already a fast fan of Tessa!

Kim said...

The potluck picture is too cute! Can't wait to share in the potluck and see what everyone brings.

Michelle B said...

Made chickpea balls over the weekend. Fun and yummy!

Mika said...

I'm sorry! I put up the wrong link.
I'd appreciate if someone could fix my boo boo. I'll do better next week. ;)

NKP said...

Mika - got it! No problem :-)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Made the Risotto with Fried Egg from Apples for Jam. Delicious indulgent comfort food! ;-)

Mika said...

Oh my gosh! Everyone's dish looks so good! Bay and I had fun playing with the Fun dough though. It's nice to have some mother/daughter time after a long day at work.

Tina said...

I just added Fasolada. And I am really digging that new Tessa Button!

Heather S-G said...

Cake! Cake here! Pineapple, Cinnamon & Allspice Cake to be exact. YUM!

Kayte said...

Baked Fennel...yes, I went outside my comfort zone and explored something new! Delicious! Definitely a keeper for us.

Meredith said...

Hey there my post is up! And it was tasty too.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Just got my tomato lasagna posted, it was delicious! What a fun potluck :)

NKP said...

Wow, what a great potluck we have going here!
My focaccia con cipolle is up!

luckybunny said...

Thanks for letting me join in guys, I had great fun and am loving her cookbooks. I just linked up to my recipe, but didn't think on my feet and got my name in there and posted before I put the name of my dish! I'm not sure how to fix that, so I linked again, sorry for the mess... Newbie here, but now I know. I'm off to look at what everyone else made now :) - Donna

Meredith said...

Hey friends,I decided to extend the giveaway for one more day,so comment on my potluck post and some lucky blogger will get some lovely pepper jelly and maybe a few extras too!

Kim said...

Natashya- That focaccia with the red onions looks phenomenal! I bet that was make some good paninis.

Kim said...

whoops.

I meant to say I bet that would make some nice paninis.

Been a long day!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Gosh, I'm running a little late again this week, but I have finally posted my Cranberry Sorbet. It's interesting :-)

Ditto everyone - I adore the Tessa badge - it's gorgeous.

Can't wait to settle in and read all your posts now.

Sue xo

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Natashya - your focaccia looks amazing, and definitely brings back memories of the Amalfi Coast :-)
Sue

Heather S-G said...

I made apple bread with an awesome crunchy topping...which I am currently in love with. Just sayin'...

Kayte said...

I'm just under the wire, right? Whew. Made the Apple Cake with Toffee Topping and was so happy with it until I saw Michelle's post and hers just rocks...you win this week on this one Michelle...I gave you due credit in my post! :-)