Monday, July 23, 2012

Nieves: Icy Cold Treats to Cool Off With!

Temperatures are rising in many parts of the world so we are gettin' chilly with Rick Bayless this week and celebrating Nieves! and other refreshingly icy treats.


Nieve is a Spanish word for snow and it usually refers to sorbets that are water based, however, we are looking for any refreshing cold treats this week--things like ice cream, paletas or frozen pops, shaved ices, granitas and icy-cold beverages.



So sit in front of a fan, plow through those Bayless cookbooks or prowl on line for an icy creation to cool you off and post it by Sunday, July 29th. Don't forget to link your post of the week's with Mr. Linky below, so we can all enjoy your fabulous icy creation! Remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.

If you missed our Potluck last week, be sure to head on over and see all of the delicious dishes everyone brought!  


 Don't forget, we're cooking through the recipes of Rick Bayless right now...so if you've linked up, be sure that you've used/adapted one of his recipes for your post!


*photos from saveur.comstock.xchng.com

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Nieves!* Participants
1. Kitchen Flavours - Sparkling Limeade
2. What's Cookin' SMA??? Nieve de Limon with Chamoy
3. Leslie - Hibiscus Flower & Lime Paletas
4. Natashya - Nieve de Mango con Limon
5. Heather-Paletas de Fruta
6. Couscous & Consciousness - Nieve de Limon (Lemon-Lime Sorbet)
7. Deb in Hawaii--(Canary) Melon Cooler Paletas
8. Michelle - Banana Daiquiri
9. Kim - Fresh Lime Ice with Berries
10. chica chocolatina- Mango-Creamsicle Paleta

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

12 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Oh yeah - the perfect week for me as I've been a fanatic for the cold treats this summer. Don't forget...if anybody makes Paletas (popsicles), please bring them over and share with the Summer of the Popsicle at my place, too!! (http://www.girlichef.com/2012/05/summer-of-popsicle-2012.html)

NKP said...

Yay for icy treats! I could use some today. It's 35 out there, over 40 with the humidity!

kitchen flavours said...

Sparkling limeade, anyone? So refreshing!

Unknown said...

Lime Sorbet for me this week. It has been warming up here as well, I am looking forward to everyones posts.

Jessi

Leslie Harris said...

I've got Hibiscus Flower & Lime ice pops this week!!!

For those of you making icy cool beverages, I'd love it if you'd link up with my Food of the Month club; the theme this month is Summer Beverages. :) http://www.lacocinadeleslie.com/2012/07/food-of-month-club-july.html

NKP said...

Nieve de Mango con Limon at my place!

Kim said...

Natashya- That mango ice is incredible! Definitely one of my favorite Bayless recipes. I bet it was tasty with the brown sugar.

Heather S-G said...

Paletas at my place! Surprised? ;P

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Hi everyone - as promised, I finally came around to joining in with Rick this week. I've linked up a lemon/lime sorbet that I'm totally in love with.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Made some sweet and tasty Melon Paletas from canary melon and adapted from Rick's Melon Cooler recipe. ;-)

(I am excited to join you for your Summer of the Popsicle event Heather!)

Michelle B said...

Timely theme--the humidity is a killer lately!

chica chocolatina said...

Yum, I love all these recipes, not sure which one I should try first!