Monday, December 28, 2009

Small Plates

The smaller the better. Small is beautiful. Small is the new big. Biggy Smalls. It's a small world, afterall. The best things come in small packages. Yup, this week size does matter! This week we're talkin' SMALL PLATES! That almost doesn't look right...maybe I should have said small plates! Now, that doesn't mean head into the kitchen, cook something up and put it on a little plate although it doesn't mean not to, either. Think appetizer. Think just the perfect size for a taste...tease your palate, if you will. Think something you've always wanted to make, but didn't want to eat it all yourself, so you make it into tasting portions.

You decide which way you'd like to take it! A sit down with a lover... A day of kitchen experimentation... or a veritable tasting feast for your friends and neighbors... You know the old saying... So, break out the dip! Dig out those saucers and mini-plates that you don't use often enough. And maybe even try something new...something you toyed with tasting, but didn't want to eat it all yourself. Call them what you will...tapas, mezze, pupus (I especially like this one), hors-d'oeuvre, smorrebrod, zakouski, canapé, appetizer...what SMALL PLATES will you dazzle with this week?

If you haven't seen what Traditions everybody cooked up last week, be sure to head over and find out!

Link your I Heart Cooking Clubs post of the week's permalink with Mr. Linky, below, so we can all see your fabulous cooking club creation! Please leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Find any of Nigella Lawson's recipes, either in her cookbooks or online, cook it and make sure you post it by January 3rd. And of course don't forget to link up with Mr. Linky so that everyone can find and see your dish.

***Oh! I thought I'd mention that the small plates collage at top is made up of photos by IHCC members (clockwise starting in upper LH corner: girlichef, Adventures with the Woods, BigSisLilSis & Living in the Kitchen with Puppies)!
I Heart Cooking Clubs *Small Plates* Participants
1. Leana - Caramel Croissant Pudding
2. DebinHawaii--Halloumi Bites
3. Natashya - Small Tomato Tarts
4. Kim -Stirring the Pot
5. Tina Marie~ Cocktail Sausages
6. debbmarie - Hasselback Potatoes
7. Gonna want seconds-Prosciutto Bundles

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

13 comments:

NKP said...

I thought I recognized that plate!
Great write up for Small Plates - I am looking forward to this one!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great theme post! We love our "pupus" in Hawaii--I am all set for this one. ;-)

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Oh what a beautifull collage and with eliciousness ozing from every inch and a lovely write up-we too love entradas out here which are on the list more often than not.....

Heather S-G said...

Come to my place...where you can eat your wienies...and your booze. ;)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Just posted Halloumi Bites--easy and good.

Tina said...

I did wienies like Girlichef...but grabbed Worcestershire sauce instead of soy...hey, they are both in brown bottles!!!

Hope to post them soon. Love some of the recipes you all have posted... Mmmmmmmm

Heather S-G said...

Pierce...ha!! So, how did they turn out...can't wait to see what the Wocestershire sauce did ;)

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

An award awaits the fantastic lovely gang that keeps i heart cooking clubs going for us...Hope u like it and it comes with a message of love,please hop by and collect it....
cheers and happy new to everyone...

Heather S-G said...

Well, thank you Sugar! That was so very sweet of you to pass this award to us at IHCC :)

NKP said...

Hey, when you think of tarts - think of me! Um, I mean, tomato tarts are up at my place!

Kim said...

Just posted up my naan pizza bites!

Anonymous said...

Hasselback Potatoes anyone? These are absolutely wonderful! I have not posted for a while ... glad to be back. debbmarie

Kathleen said...

Hey my club friends! Sorry I haven't been out to play lately. I'm back and happy to be! Sorry for the double Mr Linky hook up but I posted the wrong thing first.