Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Time to Raid Your Pantry!


A huge thank you to everyone who participated in our first week with Mark Bittman! Together we cooked up a storm, making all kinds of tasty and appealing little Bites of Bittman. Thanks again for a fabulous introduction and warm welcome to Mark Bittman's recipes.


This week's theme promises to be just as fun as last week because we are RAIDING OUR PANTRIES! That's right! In the spirit of spring cleaning, we are going to be whipping up some delicious recipes while cleaning out our pantries at the same time. (Now that's my kind of cleaning!!) Pick a recipe that uses one or more items from your pantry and cook it up. The choice is yours and we want you to have fun with it!


Turn those bags of flour into some freshly baked bread or maybe even some pizza. Break out that box of pasta, whip up a fabulous sauce, and take a culinary trip to Italy or maybe even China. Use up those canned beans to make a veggie burger, a bean puree, or maybe even a bean salad. Perhaps you're lucky enough to find some chocolate in your pantry? Hmmm....maybe a sinful dessert is in order. Been holding on to some specialty ingredients? Find that perfect recipe and use them up! This week is all about the pantry and anything in it is fair game! The choice is yours!


Whatever you choose, have fun raiding the pantry!! We can't wait to see all your tasty creations!

Post your recipe on your blog and link your completed post to Mr. Linky below, on or before April 18th so we can all see your fabulous cooking club creation! Please leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Don't know what a permalink is? Please refer to the Welcome page.

Didn't get a chance to see last week's Bites of Bittman? Click HERE to check out all the tasty recipes.

Don't own a Mark Bittman cookbook or haven't had a chance to grab one yet? Head over to our sidebar for some online recipe sources.

I Heart Cooking Clubs Pantry Raid Participants
1. Kim-Lentils and Potatoes with Curry
2. Katie - Hummus
3. DebinHawaii--Anything Goes Granola
4. Joanna@goaheadandsnicker-Cold Noodles with Sesame Sauce
5. Tina Marie (Paprika Chicken)
6. Beth Anne - Compound Butters!
7. Joanne - Coconut Rice Salad and Baked Tofu with Soy and Sesame
8. Passionate Perseverance ~ White Bean Soup
9. Michael and Carla - Lentil Salad
10. Natashya - Brittled Popcorn with Peanuts
11. Chaya - Tomato Cobbler
12. Vegetable Pancakes
13. Andreas - Yakisoba
14. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Cherry Tomato Cobbler
15. Jenny @ All Things Edible - Banana bread
16. Maggie-Overnight Waffles
17. Couscous & Consciousness - Sauteed Chicken with Green Olives & White Wine
18. Tiff-Chili non Carne
19. girlichef- Nutty Oatmeal Cookies
20. Natalia- Savoy Cabbage Pasta
21. Judi - Rice with Fresh Herbs

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

23 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Thanks for such a great post Kim! That pantry is SO much neater than mine! ;-)

Looking forward to this one!

Foodiewife said...

How I wish my pantry looked like that! I cooked all weekend long, to clean out the fridge and pantry. I'll have to get busy and post these!

NKP said...

Beautiful, Kim!
Oh how I wish for a pantry with big double doors like that.. mine is an old closet and it doesn't open all the way 'cause I have too much stuff in my kitchen... ;-)

Kim said...

Thanks Ladies! I would settle for an organized pantry;D My kids put their toys in the pantry and I find matchbox cars inside boxes of food - it's crazy!

Just put up my Lentils with Potatoes and Curry. It was absolutely delicious. I'm loving Bittman's recipes right now.

Heather S-G said...

Yay!! It's about time for me to go through my pantry...er, ah, bookshelf turned pantry...again!! I dream of a walk-in pantry :)

NKP said...

Way to start off with a bang, Kim! Your dish would be perfect for my daughter - she loves all things lentils, and they are the ultimate pantry staple.

The Chef In My Head said...

Okay, I'm going into my pantry. If no one hears from me for a few days, please send in reconnaissance. Scared, but going in anyway ~ LesieMichele

Deb in Hawaii said...

I just posted my Anything Goes Granola--Yum!
The curry and the hummus both have me drooling.

Good luck in your pantry LeslieMichele! ;-)

Joanna said...

I had to post a pantry photo, too. Thanks for the inspiration Kim!

Tina said...

I haven't been posting...online issues! I will be visiting tomorrow (I hope) and thanks Kim for all the Tyler recipe suggestions. I'll write soon!!!!!

Joanne said...

My pantry needs some definite raiding! Loved this theme.

Carla and Michael said...

I am having so much fun with Mark Bittman. Just ordered his Kitchen Express Cookbook too. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful blog (club)!
Carla

NKP said...

Wow, you guys are awesome - such great variety this week!

I made brittled popcorn with peanuts. All from the pantry and totally naughty - but delicious!

Kim said...

Everyone is rocking out such awesome recipes!

Natashya- Your post was so cute! I often pretend I'm making desserts for the kids, knowing full well that I'll probably eat my fair share:D The popcorn looks amazing!

Joanna said...

OMG Natashya, that popcorn! Are you kidding me? That looks crazy delicious! I love the variety we are seeing in these meal choices, too. Can;t wait to see potluck week :)

Andreas said...

Yakisoba is posted.

Unknown said...

I posted Overnight Waffles. My sweet tooth is satisfied!

Maggie AKA The Country Cook xx

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Look at that perfectly organized pantry, wow, wish mine was half that neat!

I made Mark's tomato cobbler as well this week, using cherry tomatoes. What a delicious pantry (and fridge) raid :)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

I just posted for Sauteed Chicken with Green Olives and White Wine. It was a great dish.

It's fantastic to see how much you've all been cooking. Looking forward to time tomorrow to sit down and read through all your posts - sounds like some fantastic dishes.

Saturday night and off to bed time for me now.

'Night everyone.
Sue

Tiff said...

Okay, I now have new goal! I would love to have such an organized pantry! Hmmm time to go find a blog about organization....

Heather S-G said...

I brought the cookies!!! :)

natalia said...

Ciao ! Thank you for the wonderful week !!

Judi said...

What a great pantry! It would be fun to cook from that pantry.

My first 'official' entry in IHCC is Rice with Fresh Herbs. Delicious!