Monday, June 14, 2010

Dining with Dad!

It's that time of year again, your mailbox is stuffed with hardware store sales catalogues, and you have to desperately search your mind to remember if your father/husband/step-father/grandfather/boyfriend.. has a multi-piece socket set or not. Or an angle grinder. Or a mouse sander. In case any mice need sanding.
But we want to do something special for the Pater Familias and what better way to celebrate the man of the family than with food?

For the Dad in your life; your own father, father figure or father of your children - find a Mark Bittman recipe that he will love and cook it up in his honour. Post it to your blog on or by June 20th and link up with Mr. Linky, below.

Some of us may be honouring fathers past, and remembering the great Father's Days we have spent together and all the fabulous ways we spoiled him. Like with great ties and hand-made cards. How come we don't make anything with macaroni anymore? We were really good at that.

Make and post your Dining with Dad recipe by Sunday, June 20th. Don't forget to link your post of the week's with Mr. Linky , below, so we can all enjoy your fabulous creation! Remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.


*Remember that we are cooking from Mark Bittman's recipes - any links that don't include the featured chef will be deleted.*
I Heart Cooking Clubs *Dining with Dad* Participants
1. Tina Marie - Real Grilled Food
2. Joanne - Pesto Rice Salad
3. Giovanna - Pesto Pasta with green beans and potatoes
4. Joanna@GoAhead&Snicker-Ralphy's Greeny Linguine
5. DebinHawaii--Swedish / Danish Meatballs
6. Beth Anne - Chocolate Chip Pancakes
7. Debbie--The Friday Friends
8. Maggie-Okra Salad
9. Natashya - Ginger Pots de Crème
10. girlichef~ four-bean salad
11. Claudia -- Creamy Vegetable Risotto
12. Kim-Bolognese
13. Carla and Michael- RecipeAddict
14. Tiff- Breakfast
15. Chaya - Bittman Burgers
16. Salsa to top Bittman Burgers
17. Jenny-Peanut Brittle
18. Judi-Spicy Coleslaw
19. Alex@A Moderate Life-kale with tahini

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

16 comments:

Kim said...

Love the black and white theme throughout the post Natashya! Very cute! Hmmmm....wonder what recipe will get my attention this week.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Cute post Natashya.

Now what to make....????

Heather S-G said...

I LOVE all the classic dad pix!!! Hmmmm...what to make....

Tina said...

I really like this write up! I just posted....

Giovanna said...

I looked at that first picture for a while, the linens are all clean, the dad's in a suit, the mom's in a dress with full hair and makeup.....
my dinner table is sooooo not like that. Pushing, shoving, a baby crying, daddy never wears a suit and my hair and makeup would make a stylist scream! Ha - great post, had fun making this one with the kids : )

Joanna said...

Finally an easy one! :) I didn't hesitate in choosing a recipe for once! You wouldn't wither if you knew my daddio.

Ty'sMommy said...

Hey there! I would love to join the Twitter group! @tysmommy

Deb in Hawaii said...

Just posted my Swedish / Danish meatballs in honor of my Swedish / Danish dad. ;-)

Ty'sMommy said...

I have my chocolate chip pancakes up!

Debbie said...

I ordered a Mark Bittman Cookbook so I can participate more regularly. Yay!

Unknown said...

Just posted a yummy okra salad..In honor of Dad and his garden!

Smile Bunches Ya'll!

NKP said...

Great dishes! Maggie - can you believe I have never had okra?

My Ginger Pots de Crème are up!

NKP said...

Debbie - yay! You will love his books. So much information.

Ty's Mommy - added! ;-)

debbie T said...

I am new here, but FYI, the iPhone app "How to Cook Everything" is on sale for $2 (down from $5) until tomorrow. I just purchased it today, so I am excited to participate in your challenges.

I hope to have a post for tomorrow or later tonight.

Here is the link to the Mark Bittman post: http://markbittman.com/give-dad-the-htce-iapp-this-sunday

Heather S-G said...

Hey all! My musical tribute to dad is posted ;)

Tiff said...

Finally got my post up...
Love everyone's picks!