Monday, June 28, 2010

Picnic Basket!

Ahh summer....the best time of year to be outside. At IHCC, that means that it is time to make some great portable Mark Bittman recipes, pack up your Picnic Basket, and hit the great outdoors!

Whether your version of the ideal picnic is a campground in the woods, a tailgate party,the picnic table at a local park, a towel at the beach, under the stars watching the fireworks on July 4th, or even a blanket on your living room floor, Mark Bittman has a recipe to help fill your Picnic Basket.

Just pick a Bittman recipe from one of his books or online, make it and post by Sunday, July 4th, link up your post with Mr. Linky below, and remember to leave a comment so we know who is at the picnic. It's that easy! (And all the really cool cartoon kids are doing it!)

BTW--Don't forget to stop by and check out all the great Summer Lovin' delights from last week).

Not sure what a permalink is & how to link up with Mr. Linky? Check out our Welcome post.

See you at the picnic!
Just be sure to keep an eye on your "Pic-a-nic Basket"--you never know when Yogi Bear (and Boo Boo too), might show up! ;-)


13 comments:

NKP said...

So sweet, I love it!

Heather S-G said...

Cute post, Deb =) I'm an eager beaver this week...totally ready for picnicing! My Mark Bittman wraps are packed and ready to go!

Kim said...

Very, very cute Deb! I'll be keeping an eye on my pic-a-nic basket;-)

Kim said...

Just posted my Hippie Rice Salad. Getting ready to leave on vacation. Can't wait to check back next week and see what everyone cooked up:)
Have a great week!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Just posted Tuna (& Chickpea) Tabouleh--quick, easy and delicious for your picnic basket or cooler.

NKP said...

Happy Canada Day!
My Grilled Corn Salad with Tomatoes, Feta (homemade) and Mint is up!
Where shall we go for a picnic?

Heather S-G said...

I've linked up my Bittman guest post over at A Moderate Life!! Spreading the picnic love.... =)

Ty'sMommy said...

I've got my Tomato Jam posted!

Shelby said...

I've been MIA a few weeks now - really hope I can make it back for this one! I have a few days still! :)

Unknown said...

Just packed up a sweet dessert, something for my boys.

Andreas said...

You can't have enough muffins, can you.

NKP said...

Ooops! New link for my salad is up.
Thanks Carla!

Unknown said...

Happy 4th everyone! I just posted Tapenade,Bruschetta, and a chicken curry salad.