Monday, August 16, 2010

Can I Have a Sip?

Ever have one of those moments...when you see somebody...

...with a cold, creamy, fantastic-looking beverage...

...and it's all you can do to contain yourself from reaching out...

...and grabbing the glass for yourself...

...so you lean over and convey that feeling of thirst by asking...

...CAN I HAVE A SIP?

Yes, we're focusing on things this week that may just cause you to lean over and ask somebody if you could try that!?  Smoothies, milkshakes, malts, frosties, slushies, cocktails in any fabulous form, cooling summer beverages...heck, if  you want a warm drink, you could make one of those, too.  I've even been known to sip soup...broth...or a delicious sauce. 

So, go out and peruse some Mark Bittman recipes and make something that is sure to make someone ask...
Can I have a sip?

Make and post your Can I Have a Sip? recipe by Sunday, August 22nd. Don't forget to link your post of the week's with Mr. Linky below, so we can all enjoy your fabulous creation! Remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.

If you missed the POTLUCK last week, be sure to head on over and see all of the delicious dishes everyone brought!  Don't forget, we're cooking through the recipes of Mark Bittman right now...so if you've linked up, be sure that you've used/adapted one of his recipes for your post!

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Can I Have a Sip?* Participants
1. Natashya - Whiskey Sour
2. Just a Smoothie @girlichef
3. Jenny - All Things Edible - frozen hot chocolate
4. Debbie--Friday Friends
5. Fruit Smoothie - Peach
6. Kim- Banana-Vanilla Shake
7. Deb In Hawaii--Lemongrass-Ginger Tea
8. Bruschetta and a sea breeze

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

10 comments:

NKP said...

Wonderful! I love it!
I am especially digging that pineapple concoction.. ☺

Kim said...

This theme couldn't have come at a better time! I've really been craving cold and creamy drinks lately. Great job Heather! Love all the pics.

Jenny said...

Sounds great - I have something in mind already and that rarely happens!

NKP said...

I have Bitty's Whiskey Sours up at Cocktail Puppy! I love this theme so much, I might do a couple..

Heather S-G said...

Good ol' smoothies at my place ;-)

Debbie said...

YIKES! I did a smoothie too.

Kim said...

Okay ya'll..just put up my Banana-Vanilla Shake and I'm already craving another one:)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Kept it simple this week with a flavorful Lemongrass-Ginger Tea.

Nina said...

I love your blogs! Definitely going to have to participate. Keep up the wonderful posts.

Nina
http://ninas-fantabulous.blogspot.com/

NKP said...

Hi Nina, thanks so much! We have added you to the blogroll. xo