Monday, August 30, 2010

Crunchy vs. Creamy


Crunch! That first crisp bite awakens you. Your senses are on fire....the fragrant scent, the sound of the crisp crunch, the feel of the texture in your mouth. The crispy crunch is alluring. It beckons you. It's addictive. It's so pleasurable that you just can't stop. It's just SO DARN CRUNCHY!

You lick your lips in anticipation......the creaminess is calling to you, waiting to bring you comfort and total satisfaction. You take your first bite and the luxuriously silky smooth texture rolls around on your tongue, dancing on your taste buds. You close your eyes and savor it. It's SO CREAMY! It warms your heart. It gives you peace. It brings you total pleasure.

Crunchy vs. Creamy
. Could you pick if you had to? Would one win out over the other?


Maybe you're feeling greedy and want to indulge in both!
Crunchy or Creamy. Crunchy and Creamy together in one dish. There's sure to be a Mark Bittman recipe for you! Just cook it up and post it by Sunday, September 5th. Don't forget to add your link to Mr. Linky and leave a comment so that we can all see your fabulous recipe!

New to the process and not sure of what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome Post for the scoop.

Can you believe that it's going to be September already? The kids are back in school, the nights are getting cooler, and our time with Mark Bittman is coming to a close. At the beginning of October we will usher in a new chef--a lady chef!! Yep! This time around it is all about the lady chefs!! Starting September 1st we will put up a voting poll on our sidebar. Please check back to vote for your favorite female.



I Heart Cooking Clubs Crunchy vs. Creamy Participants

1. DebinHawaii--Gruyère Apple Grilled Cheese with Bacon
2. Kim- Chicken Curry In A Hurry
3. Joanne - Cold Peanut Noodles with Eggpland and Red Pepper
4. Lexi @ Big Momma and Me (Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies)
5. girlichef~ Shredded Pork Tacos w/ Apple-Celery Slaw
6. Natashya - Weapon of Choice: Sesame Seeds!

11 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Fun post Kim! Now what to make... crunchy...creamy or both..? ;-)

Heather S-G said...

LOL, Kim! Love it...now, decisions, decisions ;)

NKP said...

Yay, Crunchy vs. Creamy!
We were discussing this last night over dinner, should be a fun one!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I went a lot of crunchy with a little creamy mixed in--Bittman's Gruyère Apple Grilled Cheese. Yum, yum and yum!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Oh yeah... with bacon too! ;-)

Unknown said...

I hope Mark doesn't read my blog (hahaha, like he would). I had to call him out on a major recipe step omission!

Unknown said...

I hope Mark doesn't see my post, LOL. I had to call him out on an important step that was missing from my chosen recipe.

Heather S-G said...

Got a little crunchy slaw atop my tacos ;)

NKP said...

I went with both! My Weapon of Choice: Sesame Seeds is up!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I left mine open to interpretation.

Heather S-G said...

Hey Chaya! I'm sorry, I had to remove your link because you used a Taste of Home recipe, not a Mark Bittman recipe. I do love sweet potatoes, though ;)