Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Favorites With Giada!


We are solidly into the fall season and that means all of the fall foods come out to play. The produce--cranberries, root vegetables, apples, pomegranates, pumpkin and all the other fall and winter squashes. Combine those with the lovely fall herbs and spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, sage, allspice... and you have the makings for some Fall Favorites, our theme for this week with our chef Giada.


We will be making those Giada dishes that remind us of autumn. Whether your Fall Favorites are sweet fruity pies, hearty soups or stews, roasted veggies, comforting pasta dishes or maybe a side dish for a Thanksgiving table, there is a Giada recipe out there for you either in her cookbooks or online.

So to play along find your Giada Fall Favorites recipe, make it and of course post it by Sunday, November 21st.


Of course you will want to link it here, using Mr. Linky below, so we can all enjoy your fabulous creation! Please remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post--just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

(Not sure of the whole Mr. Linky thing and what a permalink is? Just check out our Welcome post for all the info).

If you missed getting your inner child on for our Kid at Heart theme last week, be sure to head on over and see all of the delicious dishes everyone brought!

And, it must be said... remember, we are only cooking through the recipes of Giada De Laurentiis right now...so if you've linked up, be sure that you've used/adapted one of her recipes for your post!

Can't wait to see your Giada Fall Favorite dish!

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Giada Fall Favorites* Participants
1. Michelle-Orzo w/ Sausage, Peppers, and Tomatoes
2. Beef Roast with Spicy Parsely Tomato Sauce
3. Pam - Herb Roasted Root Vegetables
4. Tina - Pot Roast with Porcini Mushrooms
5. Mary w/ Chicken Chili
6. DebinHawaii--Easy Osso Buco & Smashed Parmesan Potatoes
7. WW Linguinie with Lemon and Salmon
8. Couscous & Consciousness - Orecchiette with Mini Chicken Meatballs
9. Kim- Orecchiette with Sausage, Beans, and Mascarpone
10. Recipe Addict-Pasta e Ceci
11. Natashya - Rotelli with Walnut Sauce
12. girlichef~ egg salad w/ bacon and gorgonzola
13. Kelly - Butternut Squash and Vanilla Risotto
14. Kayte - Butternut Squash Soup

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

21 comments:

NKP said...

Beautiful! You are so good with the photo collages, deb! Love the fall theme.

Heather S-G said...

Hmmmm. So, I'm looking forward to finding a good fall dish by GIADA. Such a cozy post :D

Kim said...

A very pretty post with all the fall-inspired collages. Giada has so many fall inspired recipes. It's going to be hard to choose.

Lyndsay Wells said...

I am new here. I found your group through a friend and love it! I've been cooking along with Giada on my own blog on and off for a few years and am excited to participate in this. Her recipes are always very good. Happy cooking - I look forward to getting to know the group!

NKP said...

Wonderful, Lyndsay! Welcome.
We have added you to the blogroll. ☺

Michelle B said...

I chose Orzo w/ Sausage, Peppers, and Tomatoes because the colors reminded me of fall. It was really good!

Can't wait to see what everyone else made.

Rebecka said...

Love your Fall pics! I'm going to need a tutorial, please!

I'm looking forward to finding a fun Fall dish. I think searching through the selected chefs recipe archives is one of the best parts of this club...xo

Lyndsay Wells said...

Thanks Natashya :-)

pam said...

Can't wait to see all the fall goodies!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Hi all - I had a comment from a reader (who is a keen baker) on my blog asking if I knew which one of Giada's books has the most cookie recipes. Any of you who have a few of Giada's books know the answer?
Sue

Tina said...

I just posted pot roast and porcini mushrooms. Love the theme this week!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I went for fall comfort food this week--Giada's Easy Osso Buco & Smashed Parmesan Potatoes. ;-)

Joanna said...

I think I'm going to make the Butternut Vanilla Risotto even if I can't take photos! Darn broken camera! My post is decidedly un-fallish, but it's what I ended up with!

Off to read the others now!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Hubby asked for meatloaf for tonight so I have no idea what it will taste like but it looks good.

Kim said...

My dish doesn't really have any fall-inspired ingredients, but it sure has become a fall favorite! I've made it twice in the past two weeks.

Kim said...

Sue - Sorry for all 3 of my comments on your site. I was having trouble fitting it all in one comment :)

Love your orecchiette! I left a comment on your post regarding Giada's books and her cookie recipes. I don't have her Everyday Italian cookbook or Giada's Kitchen so I can't speak for those. Everyday Pasta has zero dessert recipes. Giada's Family Dinners has two cookie recipes. Giada at Home has about 4 cookie recipes. I think the best option is to use this link on the Food Network website.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?Nr=Record%20Type:Result&N=4294961269&fnSearchString=giada%20de%20laurentiis%20cookies
Not only will it save your friend some money, but it also appears that she has many cookie recipes that are not included in her books. Hope that helps!

NKP said...

Rotelli with walnut sauce is up! Totally delicious.
Walnuts, cream, cheese, olive oil.. oh my!
(Don't tell Deb how much fat was in my dish. ☺)

Heather S-G said...

Okay, so this was not a fall favorite...but I finally headed back into the kitchen w/ Giada in hopes of finding one... ;) That count????

Kelly said...

Just posted Butternut Squash and Vanilla Risotto.

Allison said...

Looks like I'm sitting this one out. We throw a huge "pre-Thanksgiving" on the Sunday before at our house, and the whole week has been dedicated to that. Then, we're away all of next week for the holiday. So, I'll catch up with y'all the week after that. Sorry!

Kayte said...

Still clueless on how to link all these things. I made Butternut Squash Soup with Fontina Cheese Crostini... and here is my post link http://tinyurl.com/26bpxwn