Sunday, March 20, 2011

Arrivederci Giada

A wise man once said,
"We're here for a good time, not a long time
So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday."
Okay, maybe it was Trooper, but that doesn't make it any less true.

This is our last week of cooking with the lovely and talented Giada de Laurentiis, whose enthusiasm and vitality is infectious both in life and in the kitchen. We have learned a lot from her and are sad to see our time with Giada come to an end.

But, like all ends, a new beginning also unfolds. Stay tuned next week for our first week of cooking with Jamie!

For now, let's send Giada off in style. A goodbye party with love and gratitude. Now is the time cook up that special treat you have been putting off. Let's have a going away party!

Whip up your going away goodies or dishes, link up with Mr. Linky, below, on or by March 27th, and leave a comment to let us know you've posted!

New to IHCC? Check out our Welcome post for more details.
I Heart Cooking Clubs *Arrivederci Giada* Participants
1. Michelle ~ Dirty Risotto
2. Tina Marie - Dirty Risotto and Eggplant
3. Kim - Recipe Recap & Favorites
4. Chicken Piccata
5. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Spaghetti Marinara with Vegetarian Meatballs
6. Yvette - Arrivederci Dinner
7. Deb In Hawaii--Salmon w/ Lemon, Capers & Rosemary
8. natalia - Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze
9. Heather ~ Chocolate, Brie, & Basil Panini
10. Natashya - Chicken with Balsamic BBQ Sauce

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

14 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great job Natashya. It's always hard to say goodbye to weekly cooking with one of our chef's but fun to "hang out" with someone new too.

Looking forward to sending Giada off in style this week--she and I have cooked well together this past 6 months. ;-)

Heather S-G said...

Goodbye Giada!

Michelle B said...

That's exactly what I did--made a dish I've had my eye on since the start!

Farewell, Giada.

Joanna said...

Oh my, I have been MIA since my break up with Giada and didn't even see that Jamie was the next chef! Woohoo! Can't wait to get back on board with you ladies!

Allison said...

I haven't been participating. Mostly because Giada's recipes just weren't speaking to me. But, Jamie?? I am SO back in next week! Yummy!

Tina said...

Michelle and I had the same idea....yummy risotto! It's been a fun 6 months to be sure. Fun post here.

Kim said...

I've had so much fun cooking Giada's recipes with all of you!

I decided to do a roundup of my favorite Giada recipes from the past 6 months. So many new favorites!

Can't wait to get in the kitchen with Jamie:)

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Finally got to try Giada's Marinara Sauce. Thanks for a great time cooking with Giada, everyone :) Can't wait to try some Jamie Oliver recipes.

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

Can't wait to cook with Jamie, but don't know for sure if this will be next week already(going on a skiing trip).
But now my farewel dinner for Giada.

Love the new look of the site;)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Posted Giada's Salmon with Lemon, Capers & Rosemary--an easy and delicious dish to go out on.
;-)

natalia said...

Ciao ! I'm very grateful to you for introducing me to Giada. I'm sure I'll keep her recipes in mind !

Heather S-G said...

I said arrivederci to Giada w/ the Chocolate, Brie, & Basil Panini that I've meant to try for 6 months, and finally got around to!

NKP said...

Good morning! I surfaced long enough to get Giada's Chicken with Balsamic BBQ Sauce up - delicious!
Now, back to the books...

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh everything looks so good! On a sad note I'm taking a brief hiatus from IHHC,just for about 3 weeks.We are moving out of state,not to far and for the life of me I would love to cook more than pack,but then I would be in a new house with food,but no furniture! This hiatus will also give me some time to read through the 2 Jamie Oliver cookbooks I got and plan the fun for the next 6 months! I'll being reading blogs and drooling over everybody's dishes.Talk to ya'll soon!