Monday, August 22, 2011

Soups, Salads and Sammies!

What's better than a big comforting bowl of soup, a fresh, crispy salad, or a thick, hearty sandwich?

They are the simple pleasures of life and we are celebrating them here at IHCC.


This week we are all about Soups, Salads and Sammies with Jamie.

Make your favorite out of the three, or make it a combo plate. Make your dishes for lunch, dinner, or even a midnight snack. It's up to you. Just pick a Jamie Oliver recipe (or recipes) from one of his books or online and post it by Sunday, August 28th.

These are all Jamie Oliver dishes--mostly from his website and the work of David Loftus

Don't forget to link your post of the week's with Mr. Linky below, so we can all enjoy your fabulous Soup, Salad or Sammie creation and remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.


If you missed the Potluck last week, be sure to head on over and see all of the delicious dishes everyone brought!

Don't forget, we're cooking through the recipes of Jamie Oliver right now...so if you've linked up, be sure that you've used/adapted one of his recipes for your post!
I Heart Cooking Clubs *Soups, Salads & Sammies-Jamie* Participants
1. Deb In Hawaii--Bread & Tomato Soup
2. Tina Marie -Minestrone Soup
3. Meredith-Good Old French Bean Salad
4. Natashya - Reuben-ish Sandwich on Rye-ish Bread
5. Michelle ~ Roasted Carrot/Avocado Salad & Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup
6. Heather ~ Sweet Corn and Shrimp Chowder
7. Andreas - Quinoa Salad
8. Kim-Pea and Mint Soup

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

14 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

I posted early with Jamie's Tomato & Bread Soup. Yum. ;-)

BTW--If anyone wants to feature their soup, salad or sandwich creations at Souper (Soup, Salad & Sammie) Sundays at my place (Kahakai Kitchen) next Sunday, you are more than welcome (but under no pressure!)
I do a round up every Sunday rain, shine, sleet or hail. ;-) If you have not joined in before, there is a link with the simple instructions on my side bar--just click on the Souper Sundays logo.

Have a great week!

NKP said...

Mmm, this is making me hungry! I am definitely in a sammie sort of mood - I wonder if he does a pan bagnat? Just saw a delicious one on Pierce's site and now I have a craving..

Heather S-G said...

I think it was kizmet that you did this weeks post, Deb ;) Can't wait to make something.

Kim said...

I had to let out a giggle when soups, salads, and sammies ended up being Deb's week too. I've been looking forward to this one. Already have my recipe picked out.

Love those collages, Deb!

Michelle B said...

So fitting that it's you this week, Deb!

Since I'm running out of time for JO recipes, I decided on a salad and a soup. The salad was wonderful, will make the soup later this week.

Tina said...

I think I will join you this week, Deb. Just added a soup here, from The Naked Chef.

Meredith said...

Well it's good to be back,enjoy some green beans !

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great Tina--just add a mention/link to Souper Sundays on your post and you'll be all set for the round up on Sunday.

Mahalo,

Deb

NKP said...

Reuben-ish sammie is up! Along with colourful comedy..

Michelle B said...

Funny, Natashya!

Finally made the soup. Meh. Salad was excellent though.

Erin Branscom said...

love your blog! I became a follower!

www.healthybranscoms.com

Heather S-G said...

I made a (mildly disappointing) Sweet Corn and Shrimp chowder this week....

Andreas said...

Quinoa salad is up. :)

Kim said...

Just posted my very green pea and mint soup. Anyone need a bag of peas...ha ha! I found way to many bags in my freezer.