Monday, July 5, 2010

Better With Bacon!!

This week at I Heart Cooking Clubs, everything is Better With Bacon!!

That's right! It's time to BRING HOME THE BACON and FRY IT IN THE PAN!

Crispy or chewy, bacon is delicious with pancakes, on cheeseburgers, with pasta, cornbread, or as a topping for salad. Come to think of it....is there anything that bacon isn't good on? Just a little bit of bacon adds so much flavor!

So many options, what sounds good to you? Choose any Mark Bittman recipe containing bacon, from one of his books or online, make it and post by Sunday July 11th, link up your post with Mr. Linky below, and remember to leave a comment so we know you are frying up bacon! It's that easy!


BTW--Don't forget to stop by and check out all the great Picnic Basket treats from last week.

Not sure what a permalink is & how to link up with Mr. Linky? Check out our Welcome post.
I Heart Cooking Clubs Better With Bacon Participants
1. Deb in Hawaii--BLT Salad
2. girlichef~ Pasta w/ BACON & breadcrumbs
3. Tina~ Black Beans w/ BACON & BEER!!
4. Natashya - Grilled Pizzas with Grilled Corn, Arugula, and Bacon
5. Beth Anne - Bacon Waffles
6. Alex@A Moderate Life (guest host girlichef)~ Meatloaf topped w/ BACON
7. Pam - Pasta all'Amatriciana
8. Maggie~Pasta with Bacon,Spinach and Breadcrumbs
9. Carla and Michael@RecipeAddict
10. Carla and Michael@RecipeAddict-Hoppin John
11. Joanne - Kale and Sweet Potato Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing...and a GIVEAWAY
12. Kim-Pasta with Bacon and Breadcrumbs
13. Andreas - Bacon Bean Burgers
14. Debbie (The Friday Friends)
15. Alex@A Moderate Life-Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

21 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Bacon! Bacon! Bacon! Food of the Gods. ;-) Great post Kim. I made my bacon treat tonight and will post it soon. Can't want to see all the drool worthy bacon dishes this week.

NKP said...

Woohoo! I am all about the bacony goodness. ;-)

Heather S-G said...

Ah, my best friend bacon...so glad you'll be joining us this week... Bring on the Bacon! ;)

Deb in Hawaii said...

My easy/yummy BLT Salad from "Kitchen Express" is posted. This is a good one! ;-)

Tina said...

Uh oH....I just put my name in and forgot to add the dish name ( Balck Beans with bacon and beer!)

NKP said...

Pierce, I don't see your link yet. Maybe it didn't go through, give it another try. Sounds delish!

Heather S-G said...

mmmmmm....BACON! w/ pasta at my place ;)

Carla and Michael said...

I have a question. I have 5 of MB's books and can't find very many bacon recipes that I like (they've already been posted), mainly because he has changed his outlook on fatty meats. Can I alter one of his recipes by adding bacon? Would that be acceptable?

NKP said...

Carla - absolutely!

Heather S-G said...

I second that emotion, Carla!! Bittman (or whoever our chosen cook/chef is at the time) is our framework and inspiration...and who could object to adding bacon to anything!? ;)

NKP said...

Again with the grilled corn!
My Grilled Pizzas with Grilled Corn, Arugula, and Bacon are up!

Ty'sMommy said...

This was a fun one! My Bacon Waffles are up!

Heather S-G said...

Bacon Lovers Delight!! Such delicious posts this week =) I'm guest hosting over at A Moderate Life again this week...head on over for some bacon topped meatloaf!

debbie T said...

Oh lord these recipes sound awesome. I found an old 9inch Wagner cast iron skillet this past weekend, and we cleaned it up. I practiced cooking some bacon last night, so I am ready for a REAL recipe tonight.

pam said...

I was so excited about finally participating that I forgot to put the title of my recipe. I couldn't figure out how to edit it!

NKP said...

No worries Pam!
That pasta is to die for! Any left for me?

Unknown said...

Mmmmm bacon is sinfully delicious..I posted Pasta with Bacon,Spinach and Breadcrumbs...yum!

Kim said...

Looks like the pasta with bacon and breadcrumbs was popular this time around. Sure was delicious!

Andreas said...

Bacon Bean Burgers, anyone?

Debbie said...

Just in the nick of time, as usual.

Alex@amoderatelife said...

I know I linked up Girlichef's guest post to the linky, but since i made this delicious brussel sprouts and bacon that was a miraculous transformation for me from brussel sprout hater to lover, i thought i would put it in the linky here! Enjoy! it really is THAT good!