Monday, March 19, 2012

Getting a Little Nutty, or Seedy!

Feeling Nutty? I know I am!

We do get a little nutty here at I♥CC, and we like it that way.

And we like to cook with nuts! We also like to cook with seeds. We are versatile that way.

So let's celebrate these little packets of protein and goodness this week and get nutty together!

 Nuts and seeds make great snacks...

 And are awesome to bake with!

Nuts and seeds are also awesome in savoury dinners, so get out your Tessa Kiros books and find a nutty or seedy dish that tempts you. Blog it and post it to Mr. Linky, below, on or by Sunday March 25th, and let us know how you liked it!

If you need help, read up on the Welcome Page.

 And did you get a chance to check out all the delicious and verdant Green dishes from last week?


*photos from our own Deb, Heather, and Kim!

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Getting a Little Nutty* Participants

1. Heather - Sesame & Pistachio Snacks (Pastelli)
2. Deb in Hawaii--Tomato & Walnut Pesto
3. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Greek Almond Halva
4. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Walnut Almond Baklava
5. Natashya - Pane alle Noci (Walnut Bread)
6. Kim- Baklava

8 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Oh my gosh, 2 weeks left with Tessa - I can't believe it! I got nutty...AND seedy yesterday. I'll be posting tomorrow probably :D

Kim said...

I'm definitely nuts alright:) This is the week I make baklava. Let's hope I can find some friends to share it with or else I will end up eating it all.

Heather S-G said...

I got nutty...and seedy with some wonderful little Pastelli!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I changed up Tessa'a Tomato Pesto, including using walnuts instead of the pine nuts. Served with pappardelle, I am not going to say it's exactly pretty, but it tastes great. ;-)

Loving the new look for Rick Bayless!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

I made a second nutty recipe, can't get enough!

The new Bayless look is great! Can't wait to start learning about real Mexican cuisine :)

NKP said...

Glad everyone is getting into the Bayless groove for next month!

My Pane alle Noci is up - so good with cheese. Mmmmm. ☺

Kim said...

Natashya - I love the look of your walnut bread! I think it would be great for chicken salad sammies.

Kim said...

Finally got around to making baklava and it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I thought it would be. Now I need to find several people to share it with quickly before I eat it all! Lovin' it.