Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Tooth

 Does your sweet tooth speak to you morning, noon, and night... tempting 
you with thoughts of sugary goodness?  Well, it's time to give in.
Give in to smooth and creamy melted chocolate.
Churros anyone?
 Give in to silky smooth caramel delights.
So many flans.  So little time.
 Give in to spice.
Cinnamon Frosted Brownies and Spicy Chocolate Sauce will do just fine.
Give in to fruity banana sundaes topped with dulce de leche.
What are you waiting for?
Stop fighting your sweet tooth!

This week is the time to let your sweet tooth be your guide. Make and post your Sweet Tooth recipe on or before April 15th. Don't forget to link up your post with Mr. Linky below so we don't miss your fabulous creation.  If you're new to IHCC, please see our Welcome page for more details.  Also, please leave a comment after linking.  

We welcomed Rick with a bang last week, cooking up all kinds of wonderful recipes.  If you happened to miss out, please follow this link to be redirected to our Bienvenido Rick theme.

I Heart Cooking Clubs aims to be an easy-going cooking club.  The only rule is that we cook along with our featured chef, which at the moment happens to be Rick Bayless.  Other than that, feel free to join in when you can.  When time doesn't permit, no worries.  As always, if you have a question please feel free to leave it in the comments section of this post.  A special welcome to all our new members.  It's great cooking along with you! 

images from google search and www.rickbayless.com
I Heart Cooking Club *Sweet Tooth* Participants
1. Heather - Lime Zest Ice Cream
2. Kim-Creamy Mango Ice
3. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Mexican Rosettes
4. Kitchen Flavours - Paletas
5. Simple-Baking
6. Karen - Grilled Cornmeal Pound Cake
7. Deb in Hawaii--Classic Mexican (Brown) Rice Pudding
8. Donna-Impossible cake with homemade Cajeta
9. Natashya - Churros!
10. Debbie@ The Friday Friends
11. Yvette - Grilled bananas with homemade cajeta and cream
12. Leslie - Sweet Quince Tamales w/ Cheese
13. JamieK - Mango-Lime Ice

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

20 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mmm... this post is making me drool Kim. ;-) Still deciding between three desserts and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone makes.

Heather S-G said...

Fun post...and I want a little bite of everything!

NKP said...

That tooth cartoon is hilarious!
And I want to dive face first into that flan.
Great post!

Karen said...

Can't wait to check out recipes!

Heather S-G said...

I was feeling like some ice cream this week ...lime zest ice cream at my place =) (it will satisfy both a sweet tooth...and a sour tooth!)

Kim said...

The mango ice is fantastic! Consider this a warning: I'll probably be making every ice recipe Bayless has...ha ha. We really loved this one.

Kim said...

The mango ice is fantastic! Consider this a warning: I'll probably be making every ice recipe Bayless has...ha ha. We really loved this one.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

My Mexican sweet treat is up! A bit of a challenge but pretty results :)

kitchen flavours said...

My post is up! Paletas! Refreshingly delicious! Will be visiting everyone soon!

Unknown said...

HEy all!
Had a blast going through all the desserts by Mr.Bayless. Finally decided on Mango Lime Tart.
Turned out beautiful!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I was very sweet this week ;-) making a delicious dairy-free/brown rice version of Rick's Classic Mexican Rice Pudding with Cinnamon and Dried Fruit (Arroz con Leche Clásico) and using my first raw sugar cones to make Miel de Piloncillo, a syrup to drizzle on top. Yum!

luckybunny said...

I agree I want to try what everyone made! I'm in love with Ricks recipes, especially his dessert recipes, holy cow are they amazing! I had fun making the impossible cake and especially the Cajeta, it will be a regular here from now on.

NKP said...

Churros are up - and delicious! I am eating all of them myself. ☺

kitchen flavours said...

Natashya, the Churros looks really yum! Have heard of Churros but have not tried any yet! Bookmarking this for sure! :)

Debbie said...

I think I'm gaining weight just by reading this and everyone's posts. (sigh) It all looks so good.

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

My post is up! Homemade cajeta with grilled bananas and cream

Kim said...

Natashya- I have had some mediocre churros before at festivals and such, but never had the real thing! Yours look delicious. I bet they were gone in a flash.

Leslie Harris said...

I loved this week's theme! I hope we'll get to do another dessert. :)

My post is up! I made Sweet Tamales with a quince paste & cheese filling. :)

Jamie K said...

Kim, looks as if you and I were on the same wave length. Mango Ice at my place too! Soooo yummy!

NKP said...

Kim - thanks so much! They were so amazingly delicious. I ate almost all of them - fairly quickly!