Monday, April 2, 2012

¡Bienvenido Rick! (Welcome to IHCC Rick Bayless!)

You might know Rick Bayless from his PBS series, or as the first Top Chef Masters winner, or maybe you have tried one of his Frontera Foods products, or seen one of his countless magazine or newspaper articles, or drooled over one of his seven cookbooks...

Well now it is time to get to know him even better as we cook along with Rick Bayless for the next six months!

¡Bienvenido Rick!

Let's fiesta and welcome Rick in style this week! Make any Rick Bayless recipe you like from one of his cookbooks, his website or online recipe links.

Just make and post your Bayless dish by Sunday, April 8th.


Don't forget to link up with Mr. Linky below so that we can all see your fabulous creation. Please remember to leave a comment after linking up so that we're sure to see your post as soon as it goes up.

If you're new to IHCC, please see our WELCOME post for all of the details to join in the fun!

And, if you happened to miss our very last week with Tessa Kiros (We will miss you Tessa!), just click HERE to check out the Goodbye Tessa dishes.

What dish will you say ¡Bienvenido Rick! with?

24 comments:

Heather S-G said...

WooHoo - Bienvenido Rick!! =)

Kim said...

Love the post, Deb. So festive and fun! I'm having so much trouble trying to decide on my dish for this week. I want to make everything :)

NKP said...

Woot! Such a colourful and warm welcome for Rick! I am super excited to crack open his books!

AllThingsYummy said...

Oh Yay! I love his recipes.

Michelle B said...

Queso Fundido con Hongos y Chile Chipotle this week! Yummy!

Leslie Harris said...

My first IHCC post....Micheladas! :)

(Will visit everyone in the linky next week, because I'm going on vacation tomorrow.)

Heather S-G said...

Tortilla Soup to kick things off!

GlorV1 said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love Rick Bayless and have him on my twitter roll. Have all his books and dvd's and will order his new series as soon as it's available. This sounds like a lot of fun and I may throw in a recipe sometime but right now things are hectic, but I'll save you on my reading list to see what is going on. Very nice idea.

Heather S-G said...

Hi Gloria!! You can join us anytime you like. We post themes weekly (but they're mainly a guideline to help us explore new things), so join in whenever. No "rules" about how often you have to post. Only to cook w/ our chosen chef/cook!! =)

NKP said...

Flour tortillas are up!

Heather S-G said...

@Natashya...ugghhh...those look awesome. I'm coming over for lunch!

NKP said...

Thanks so much! C'mon over, I have some left. I'll leave the door open... ☺

kitchen flavours said...

I've made some snacks as a "starter" to Rick Bayless recipes!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

My first Rick Bayless recipe is up and it was a yummy one! Even the kids liked it :)

Natashya, I made flour tortillas too and think yours look awesome. Makes me want to make them again and get some more color on them like yours had. Will have to try the recipe you posted.

Everything sounds great so far, can't wait to check out all of the recipes!

luckybunny said...

Yum, yum, and yum! So excited about all the recipes.

Debbie said...

I am also very excited. I can't wait to try out more and more of Rick Bayless.
And man, I want some of those tortillas!!

Karen said...

Love this chef... my first time participating Yay!

Kim said...

I love all the recipes I'm seeing so far. I'm in at the last minute with my chipotle shrimp. They had just the right level of heat!

Jamie K said...

Seared Fish Fillets in Escabeche at my place! Sorry I forgot to include my dish along with my name on the Linky!!

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

My post is up!

Yours all look great!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Sliding in under the wire with Creamy Corn Soup with Vegetables and Poblano Chile from Mexican Everyday.

Can't wait to get around and see all the different welcome dishes! ;-)

bonnie said...

excited to join!! Creamy Chicken and Greens with Roasted Poblano and Caramelized Onion

Kim said...

Natashya - Your tortillas are absolutely beautiful! I've tried several time to make them myself but mine never look that good. Maybe I should try Rick's recipe.

NKP said...

Thanks so much! The dough was really nice to work with, and I think it was the lard that made it elastic enough that I could roll it really thin. Thinner than I have ever rolled dough before.