Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Salads!

Is it just me, or does it feel like we are travelling a little too close to the sun this week? It is hot, hot, hot here. And I live in Canada!

Let's give ourselves a bit of a break in this heat and go for something cool and nourishing - like a salad!

Rick Bayless is the master of fresh Mexican style flavours and that goes for his salads too. You can go for a composed salad, dinner salad, or side. The choice is yours!

Pick a salad (or salad dressing) from one of Rick Bayless' recipes online or in his books, post on or by Sunday, June 24th and post to Mr. Linky below. Don't forget to leave a message in the comments to tell us about your delicious Bayless dish!

Need help with linking and general cooking club guidelines? Check out our Welcome post


And did you get a chance to check out all the Holy Frijoles posts from last week? They are beanirific!

Photos from google images


I Heart Cooking Clubs *Summer Salads!* Participants

1. Michelle - Avocado Dressed Shrimp
2. Deb in Hawaii--Lime-Cilantro Dressing
3. Heather- Salpicón de Res al Chipotle
4. Natashya - Chipotle Chicken Salad with Avocado, Potato, and Baby Spinach
5. Donna- Green Bean salad with salsa dressing
6. Kitchen Flavours - Ensalada Mixta
7. Kim - Spinach Salad with Warm Chorizo Dressing

12 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Yay for summer and salads! It's extremely hot here in NW Indiana, as well. I've been eating more salads than usual this year!

Michelle B said...

How about a tostada topped with avocado dressed shrimp? Cold, creamy, and perfect for summer. This was The husband's favorite so far.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have been drooling over Rick's Lime-Cilantro Dressing since we started cooking with him. I used it to top one of the best salads I have ever tossed together using all kinds of fun ingredients. Yum! ;-)

Heather S-G said...

Does it get any more summer salad than POTATO SALAD? At my place!

NKP said...

Chipotle Chicken Salad with Avocado, Potato, and Baby Spinach - Served in a Tortilla Bowl- At my place!

And tonight I am making Michelle's Avocado Dressed Shrimp- because I have the ingredients on hand and it looks delicious!

luckybunny said...

I could eat potato salad a few times a week, without complaint. Maybe every day if it was a different one each time! Natashya, coming to dinner at your place - yummmmm!
I made Rick's simple green bean salad with salsa dressing, quick and delish!

kitchen flavours said...

I've made some simple salad!
Natashya, I love your tortilla bowl!! And your chicken salad looks so delicious!

NKP said...

Thanks so much! I did another one last night, might get it up for Sunday.

Kim said...

My spinach salad with warm chorizo dressing was a total no-go with me. There are lots of other salad dressings that I want to try though!

Kim said...

Natashya- You salad is a beauty! The tortilla bowl is too cute.

NKP said...

Thanks so much, Kim! My first time making them. I realized that my tortilla baking form was actually a brioche form, but it all works!

Unknown said...

http://whatscookinsma.blogspot.mx/2012/06/home-again-home-again-jiggidy-jig.html

I had to take a trip to the States last week and had no internet :( This is my quick and easy recipe for a salad, great for potlucks and summer BBQ's.

Enjoy!