Monday, September 30, 2013

G'day Donna Hay

Donna Hay

A Pot Luck party to say G'day and Welcome to our new chef,
Donna Hay.

Australian food writer & stylist, Donna Hay, began her career at the age of 19, and within a few short years was appointed Food Editor of marie claire magazine.  Donna is now the editor of her own magazine, donna hay magazine, a top-selling bi-monthly food magazine which has achieved tremendous success in her home country of Australia, as well as much international acclaim, with subscribers in 82 countries worldwide.

Donna is currently Australia’s leading food editor and best-selling cookbook author.  Her food and recipes, which focus on basic ingredients, simply prepared, have inspired a whole new generation of cooks to get into the kitchen, while her signature styling and beautifully photographed dishes have set the benchmark for food publishing worldwide.

She has 18 award-winning cookbooks to her credit, and was named one of the ‘Magnificent Seven’ cookbook authors by the international Gourmand Awards in January 2007.

Donna also has a popular weekly food column in both Australian and New Zealand newspapers, and is also a regular contributor to UK’s leading lifestyle magazine, Living etc.

And it doesn't stop there.  Donna also has her own concept store in Sydney, Australia, her own highly successful range of homewares, and has more recently launched the donna hay food range, with cookies, brownies and cupcake baking kits full of all natural ingredients.

Whew!!  You'd wonder how such a busy woman would ever find time to cook.  Proof positive, no doubt that Donna's simple but stylish dishes are perfect for busy people.

We're excited to be introducing this wonderful new chef to you, and hope you will enjoy cooking with Donna for the next six months.  In addition to Donna's books and magazines, which are available through both her own website and through Amazon (other major booksellers too), you will also find a ton of her recipes by visiting any of the links in the sidebar.

So, what are you waiting for.  Cook up that Donna Hay dish (or drink) that says G'day, and post your recipe by Sunday 6 October.

Don't forget to link your dish as well as a thumbnail image below, and please leave a comment after you link so that we don't miss your dish.

New to IHCC?  Need help linking up?  Check out our Welcome pageIf you have any questions please leave a comment below and we will get back with you.

If you missed our Oh, Ottolenghi (We're Gonna Miss You!) theme last week, be sure to check out the links and get a taste of all the wonderful dishes we made.

15 comments:

Nammi said...

yey! Donna Hay is the best. Love her recipes and little cheats way she shows to produce delicious recipes!!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Happy to welcome Donna Hay early with a satisfying bowl of Red Lentil, Lemon & Yogurt Soup. Quick, easy and very tasty!

Tina said...

I forgot to add the title of the dish in my link up. It's Lemon Marinated Artichoke Salad.

Love it and I am looking forward to seeing what others prepare!

Zosia said...

I made a delicious warm salad with caramelized tomatoes and fennel and cheese-filled baked wontons....my first Donna Hay recipe!

Kim said...

Lovely post, Sue! So excited to get cooking with Donna Hay :)

Michelle B said...

I know very little...ok nothing...about Donna Hay. But I'm excited to start cooking with her! Crispy Honey Mustard Bacon Salad was a hit with me and the Mr. Let's just say that The Boy is not a salad eater. Though he did inhale the bacon.

Susan Lindquist said...

I went straight for the sugar buzz this week! This is a truly celebratory cheesecake and our local apples dressed it up even more! Yummah!

Deb in Hawaii said...

G'Day Early Birds and Planners!

The November themes are now up on the side bar. ;-)

Deb in Hawaii said...

I was not intending on posting twice this week but I found a wonderfully simple and really good Donna Hay Coconut & Salmon Laksa for a book review.

In my mind you can never have too many welcomes or too much soup!!!
;-)

Chef Mireille said...

love the look of the new header

kitchen flavours said...

Welcoming DH with her lovely quiche! Great post, Sue!
And thanks for the Nov themes!
Will be visiting everyone soon!

Andreas said...

Post is up.

Nice colour scheme. Maybe we need to switch to some form of dropdown menu at some stage to accomodate all the chefs.
Or I could start saving up for a bigger screen. ;)

Kim said...

Hey y'all. Coming in at the last minute, like I am prone to do, with my Cashew Chicken Salad. I'll be around a bit later to check out everyone's dishes from the week!

Kayte said...

Okay, I'm not exactly new here (cooked with a couple of other chefs) but I managed to not put the title of my recipe in the little linky thing, I remember now that I have to do it when I put in my name, so I'll do better next week. And Deb, I commented in the wrong place on your soup recipe so it probably has my comment twice...you would think I could manage this better, wouldn't you? Apparently not. LOL. Looking forward to a lot of Donna Hay!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Welcome back Kayte! ;-)