Monday, November 5, 2012

Relishes, Chutneys, and Pickles

Relishes, chutneys, and pickles...OH MY!

Condiments are such an integral part to every cuisine, and Indian cuisine is no exception.  This week, let's peruse the recipes of Madhur Jaffrey and conjur up some sweet...or spicy...or tangy...condiments to accentuate any meal.

Of course, Jaffrey also cooks other cuisines from the Far East, so don't feel limited to only Indian condiments.  We can't wait to see what types of relishes, chutneys, and pickles you bring to the table this week!
Make and post your Relishes, Chutneys, & Pickles post by Sunday, November 11th. Don't forget to link your post of the week's with Mr. Linky below, so we can all enjoy your fabulous creation! Remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.


If you missed the Indian Tea Party theme last week, be sure to head on over and see all of the delicious dishes everyone brought!  Don't forget, we're cooking through the recipes of Madhur Jaffrey right now...so if you've linked up, be sure that you've used/adapted one of her recipes for your post!

*collage images via Googles Images

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Relishes, Chutneys, & Pickles* Participants
1. Kitchen Flavours - Hot and Spicy Hyderabadi Tomato Chutney
2. Michelle Peanut Chutney with Sesame Seeds
3. Kaye - Pickled Green Chilies
4. Kim - Onion Fritters with Fresh Green Chutney
5. You Are Here - Cranberry, Ginger, and Garlic Chutney
6. Couscous & Consciousness - Apple, Plum & Apricot Chutney
7. Natashya - Ginger Chutney
8. Deb in Hawaii--Fresh Coriander Chutney & Onion Relish

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

12 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Made some tomato chutney today for my lunch!

Michelle B said...

Penut Chutney was great with carrot sticks!

Vidya Chandrahas said...

Mouth watering chutney..

Mike Neimoyer said...

With the holidays fast approaching, I'll be trying my hand at Madhur's cranberry chutney with garlic and ginger.

Last year I did a phenomenal cranberry chutney with fennel, ginger and golden raisins (adapted from Cook's Illustrated), and I'm chomping at the bit to trying something new. :)

Kaye said...

First try at an Indian pickle posted.

Kim said...

The fresh green chutney really brightens up the onion fritters. An awesome appetizer!

Mike Neimoyer said...

Okay, the Cranberry, Ginger, and Garlic chutney is so good, I might give myself a stomach-ache from eating so much of it. And I haven't even tried it with other foods yet. :-)

Mike Neimoyer said...

Oh, and by the way, that picture of the Smeast (short for "Small Beast") is clickable for a larger version. He was going crazy while I was cooking; meowing and pawing at my legs while I was prepping the ginger and garlic.

I don't know what it is that he thought he wanted (because he turned up his nose and walked away after I let him smell a piece of ginger), but it was hilarious. :-)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

I've made Apple, Plum & Apricot Chutney. I'll be sharing a few jars of this for Xmas gifts, and it will be turning up in a gazillion different ways in my own kitchen.

NKP said...

Seriously zingy ginger chutney at my place!

And I love the new button!!!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I made a Fresh Coriander Chutney and Onion Relish--both were great with a coconut-curry crusted fish and rice for dinner. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've been in a pickle this week with Life issues... Trying to relish cooking to keep my spirits up, but emotionally, I've been chopped up like ingredients for chutney. I'm not giving up...I'll be able to tie this to another dish somewhere down the line. Until then, I'll see what comfort we can find in curries...