Monday, May 7, 2012

For Mom!

This week it's all about pampering the Mom in your life!  Whether you chose to honor your own Mom, yourself, or spoil someone who is "like a Mom".  There are so many ways to celebrate the important women in our life.

Some mothers like to live it up with a few cocktails.  Margaritas, daiquiris, and other fruity concoctions. 
Some mothers like to nibble here and there.  Small bites, snacks, and lots of tasty finger foods. Dips, chips, salsas, and other fun handheld treats likes quesadillas, taquitos, and flautas.
Some mothers like to go all out, making everything from scratch, for a real home-cooked comfort meal. 
And then there are some mothers who just look forward to the end of the meal so they can have dessert.
How do you chose to indulge Mom, yourself, or your special someone?  Make and post your dish on or by Sunday, May 13th.  Don't forget to link up with Mr. Linky below so we can all see your fantastic creation.  Please remember to leave a comment after linking so that we're sure to see your post as soon as it goes up.

If you're new to IHCC, please see our WELCOME post for all of the details to join in the fun!

Also, if you missed our Cinco de Mayo party, take a minute to check out all the fiesta worthy dishes everyone brought.

A Very Happy Mother's Day to all you Mamas out there!


I Heart Cooking Clubs *For Mom* Participants
1. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Enchiladas with Roasted Poblano and Spinach Sauce
2. Deb in Hawaii--Rotini w/ Goat Cheese Pesto
3. Yvette - Simple guacamole
4. Natashya - Rich and Commanding Vanilla Flan
5. Kitchen Flavours - Mango Guacamole
6. JamieK - Tres Leches Cake
7. Karen (Karen Cooks) - Coffee Flan with Cajeta
8. Heather - Chipotle Chilaquiles
9. Kim-Shrimp Taquitos
10. Donna- Coconut Horchata

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

14 comments:

NKP said...

Beautiful! I am totally the mom in question in my house - so I plan on treating myself! I'm thinking maybe flan.... something sweet comes to mind, anyway. ♥☺

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

This dish is my new favorite enchilada recipe! So creamy and delicious. Since I was the only one at my house who would try these I thought it'd be a good pick this week :)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Seduced by the goat cheese in it, I took a little side trip outside Mexico and made the Bayless Family Pesto this week. Any mom who likes pesto and/or goat cheese would enjoy it! ;-)

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

my post for guacamole is up!

NKP said...

My very first flans are up! And I have 4 more in the fridge! Who wants to come over?

Heather S-G said...

Oh, ME ME {waving hands frantically and jumping up and down}!! ;) They look mouthwatering.... :D

NKP said...

Thanks Chica! And thanks for the coaching! I will unmould yours now.... I am thinking a nice Riesling would be good with it. After all, it is after 9am. ☺

kitchen flavours said...

I have made a Mango Guacamole and it is perfect! Love it to the max!
Natashya, your caramel flan looks so good! A delicious sweet dessert, I'll come over if I live next to you!

Jamie K said...

My opinion of this cake has completely changed! Pastel de Tres Leches at my house!

Heather S-G said...

Since I'm the mom, I want my favorite breakfast for mother's day - Chilaquiles! Come on over to my place and share some to celebrate :D

Kim said...

Happy Mother's Day to all! I'm up at the last minute with my shrimp taquitos. Fun, flavorful, and delicious.

NKP said...

Kitchen Flavours - thanks so much! I'll let you know if any of these houses go up for sale. ;-)

Kim said...

Natashya- Gorgeous flans! I love their smooth and silky appearance.

Karen said...

Sorry, I posted that twice :( I've been having a ball cooking along with Rick!