Sunday, January 31, 2010

Budgets and Bargains


Overspending got you down? Are you trying to stretch a dollar and stick to your food budget while still eating well? Did you spend your grocery money on shoes again?


We have you covered at IHCC this week with our Budgets and Bargains theme.

Pick any Nigella Lawson recipe that you find that fits in your budget plan. Whether you want to enjoy a big bowl of pasta or bake your own breakfast treats instead of stopping by the local coffee shop.


Maybe you want to use up some of those cans and boxes in your pantry or make a version of your favorite restaurant meal instead of calling for take-out. Whatever your budgeting goal, there is a Nigella recipe out there for you.


Post your Nigella budget dish by February 7 and of course don't forget to link up with Mr. Linky so that everyone can find and see your good eats for a bargain.

Don't forget to check out the heavenly Happy Hour creations from last week too.


Link your I Heart Cooking Clubs post of the week's permalink with Mr. Linky, below, so we can all see your fabulous cooking club creations! Please leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.


I Heart Cooking Clubs *Budgets and Bargains* Participants
1. Joanna@goaheadandsnicker
2. Natashya - Penne alla Vodka
3. DebinHawaii--Tuna and Beans
4. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Lemon Linguine
5. The Lab - An Experiment to Taste
6. Chaya - Salmon with Mushrooms and Spinach
7. Kim from Stirring the Pot
8. TheBurmeseMom
9. Mary @ Passionate Perseverance
10. The Chef In My Head

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

NKP said...

Woohoo, I love it!
Great presentation of the theme.

Joanna said...

Great theme! I have been eyeing those breakfast bars for a while now :)

NKP said...

Woohoo, Joanna! First out of the gate!

My Penne alla Vodka is up. :)

Deb in Hawaii said...

My Tuna and Beans is posted. Budget-friendly, healthy and good!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Lemon Linguine -- my first I Heart Cooking Clubs post, yay! I've missed you guys :) Can't wait to visit everyone's budget dishes!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Well me aint out of the gate at all tis week :-)))and missed being here but hopping by all these elicious fantastic chocies glad'nd my heart....

Kim said...

Just put up my egg and chips! Fun and delicious, just not healthy.