Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions

This week's theme at I Heart Cooking Clubs is Resolutions! Feel free to sing along. (My apologies to the Beatles)

That's right guys, New Year's Resolutions! Made any yet?
Find any of Nigella Lawson's recipes that you feel suits this week's theme, either in her cookbooks or online, cook it and make sure you post it by January 10th. And of course don't forget to link up with Mr. Linky so that everyone can find and see your dish.

You say you're making Resolutions
Well you know..
We'd all love to see the plan
You say you've got a real solution
Well you know..
We're all doing what we can

Some people give up sugar
Some people give up fat and starch
All I can say is Sister, don't be too harsh
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
All right.. all right...

You say you want a healthy constitution
Well you know..
None of us really want to give up bread
You say it's the New Year's Resolution
Well you know...
Maybe we can just walk more instead

But if you're dreaming of whipped cream and mayo
You might not last long anyhow
But if we stick together we'll be
All right...
You and me...
All right...
Living free..
All right.. all right!...

Link your I Heart Cooking Clubs post of the week's permalink with Mr. Linky, below, so we can all see your fabulous cooking club creation! Please leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

And don't forget to check out last week's delicious Small Plates creations!
I Heart Cooking Clubs *Resolutions* Participants
1. Gonna want seconds-Prosciutto Bundles
2. SUGAR PLUMS YELLOW THAI CHICKEN & PUMPKIN COCONUT CURRY
3. Natashya - Welsh Rarebit Muffins
4. DebinHawaii--Thai Crumbled Beef in Lettuce Wraps
5. AMInyc
6. Comfy Cook - Pasta with Nigella
7. Rosabela
8. Mary @ Passionate Perseverance
9. debbmarie - Caramel Croissant Pudding
10. Natalia-Lemon-Syrup Cake
11. Tina Marie (Steak with lemon and fresh thyme)
12. Gonna want seconds-Vietnamese Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

16 comments:

Kim said...

That was the cutest post Natashya! Love the pic where she is bursting out of her dress;D

Heather S-G said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha....omg, that was so clever!! Very cute post, N...hmmm...resolutions, something I don't usually think about...

Donna-FFW said...

Love your take on this song, you are brilliant. So funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Arlene Delloro said...

I'll be humming this all day long. A brilliant post, Natashya.

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

i so agree With everyone,this is an absolutely dang cute post...

NKP said...

Welsh Rarebit muffins are up!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Just posted my Thai Crumbled Beef (or rather Bison) in Lettuce Wraps. Delicious!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Oh really forgot to leave in a note that a nigella lawson curry is up and am excited about next week now....and so looking foward to delicious resolutions this week too...

Anonymous said...

Great job with the intro. You gals are great.

Anonymous said...

Would you please add Comfy Cook to your list of bloggers.

http://comfycook.wordpress.com

Thanks.

Chaya

NKP said...

Ok Chaya, both are up now.
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post and I am so excited to be a part of this lovely group of cooking fanatics!
I can't wait for next week. i think it's going to be fun! looking forward to seeing all the great recipes.

NKP said...

Hi Mary, Welcome! So happy you are cooking with us!
Great idea for your soup, and so perfect for your pantry plan. I just did a bit of a pantry clean-up after the holidays too.

Anonymous said...

My Culinary Resolution is to be more thrifty! So I am starting with Caramel Croissant Pudding ... great way to use that stale croissant or bread.

Tina said...

Finally...I posted. I'm always the last one...grrrrrrr

Unknown said...

Cute post! I'm trying to get myself back on track and organized. Hopefully, I will be posting here soon. We are about to come out of deep freeze here (I HOPE)...so maybe my brain will thaw as well. Happy New Year everyone.