Monday, July 9, 2012

Soups and Sides

Soups and Sides

Simmer up a simple summertime soup. Or, if soup in summer isn't your thing, choose a hot-weather side dish!

Rick Bayless has tons of delicious dinners you can serve in a bowl, even some cold ones. (Thank goodness)

So whip up a yummy soup or side, post it on or by Sunday, July 15th and link up with Mr. Linky (below). Leave a comment so that we can all check out your delicious soup or side!

*This is a chef-based cooking club, so only post your dish if it is from a Rick Bayless recipe. Adaptations are fine, non-Bayless links will be deleted. 

If you need more information about participating or linking, check out our Welcome Post!

Soup fanatic? Feel free to join in with Deb of Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sundays! Deb does a souper-douper soup round-up every Sunday. Click on the button for more details.

SouperSundays


Too hot for soup? Try one of Rick's delicious side dishes instead! Either way, it's going to be a delicious week!


Photos from girlichef.com

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Soups and Sides* Participants
1. Deb in Hawaii--Great Tortilla Soup
2. Jessi Reil de Olvera -- Posole Rojo
3. Kitchen Flavours - Cheddar Cheese Bread
4. Heather - Emerald Corn Soup
5. Natashya - Drunken Pintos!
6. Yvette - Tortilla soup(sopa azteca)
7. Kim - Roasted Jalapeno Potato Soup with Greens and Chorizo

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

12 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Yay soups! ;-) I'm starting early with Rick's "Great Tortilla Soup" from Salsas That Cook. Simple, tasty and fun to dress up.

Thanks for the Souper Sundays shout out Natashya. ;-) Everyone is welcome to join in.

Heather S-G said...

Oh, I love the photos you chose for this post, Natashya {wink,wink}...ha ha ha! I'm ready to get soupy. I've been neglecting soup for far too long... =)

Unknown said...

Chilled Tortilla Soup sounds interesting! I will have to look that one up! I went classic this week with Posole Rojo. Enjoy!

Heather S-G said...

Alot of people think that says chiLLed, but it's actually chiLIed. As in chile (not chill). Definitely not cold ;)

kitchen flavours said...

I made a side, Cheddar Cheese Bread to eat with tomato soup! Lovely loaf!

Heather S-G said...

Emeralds and corn ...in the form of soup... at my place!

NKP said...

I did a side at my place - Frijoles Borrachos!

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

i made sopa azteca!

Kim said...

The roasted jalapeno potato soup was a big hit!

Kim said...

Natashya- You know I'm loving those drunken beans. I bet they are wonderful!

kitchen flavours said...

Natashya, you have the knack of finding the most delicious recipes! Your bowl of beans looks so delicious!

NKP said...

Thanks so much - they are sooo good! I just had some leftovers on a tortilla for lunch.