Monday, July 30, 2012

Green, Green, Green Is Everything I'm Wearing

Green, Green, Green Is Everything I'm Wearing....it's time to get familiar with foods of the green variety - avocado, kiwi, chiles, lettuce, greens, herbs, cucumbers ...
 tomatillos and jalapenos
or maybe some fresh cactus paddles, otherwise known as nopales.

Make and post your Green dish by Sunday, August 5th.  Please don't forget to link your post to Mr. Linky below, leaving a comment after, so we don't miss out on your recipe.  

If you're new to this site, please check out our Welcome page for more information.

If you missed our icy refreshing Nieves from last week be sure to head over and check them out!
*photos courtesy yahoo.com
I Heart Cooking Clubs *Green, Green, Green Is Everything I'm Wearing* Participants
1. What's Cookin' SMA??? Nieve de Tuna
2. Kitchen Flavours - Cilantro-Green Chile Chimichurri
3. Kim - Queso Fundido Burger
4. Michelle ~ Poblano (and banana pepper) Chicken
5. Deb in Hawaii--Roasted Potato Salad w/Tangy Avocado Dressing
6. Sue - Chilli Lime Mussels & Broad Bean Salad with Green Olive Dressing
7. Heather - Cucumber Margarita
8. Natashya - Poached Guavas in Spicy Syrup

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so easy being Green ;)

NKP said...

I am ready for green! Maybe avocado...

Unknown said...

I am working on my first post for I heart cooking clubs, Rick Bayless' Avocado-Dressed Shrimp a la Mexicana
Hope to have it linked in tomorrow.

kitchen flavours said...

Glorious green! Cilantro and Parlsey!

Kim said...

Rick's queso fundido burger is delicious!

Michelle B said...

Quick Seared Poblano Beef Tips turned into Poblano and Banana Pepper Chicken this week.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I made Rick's Tangy Avocado Dressing and used it to dress a roasted potato salad with plenty of green ingredients. Fun for summer & really creamy and good. ;-)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

I made Chilli Lime Mussels with Broad Bean Salad with Green Olive Dressing.

Heather S-G said...

Cucumber Margaritas at my place!

NKP said...

Poached guavas in spicy syrup - I could bathe in that syrup.

Can't Believe We Ate said...

When the Farmers' Market gives you bunches and bunches of fresh basil, it must be PESTO time!

chica chocolatina said...

feeling, hot, hot, hot.....with jalapenos!